If you want a mug of the creamiest hot chocolate that’s also a snap to make, look no further than this recipe for the BEST hot chocolate.
- Stirring frequently, melt the butter and chocolate chips in a medium saucepan until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in the cacao powder until smooth.
- Slowly add the coconut milk while stirring, and continue stirring until it’s smooth and frothy.
- Stir in the pinch of salt and the vanilla, if using.
- Pour into mugs and serve while hot. Keep the pan off the burner and reheat as needed.
- NOTE: This will thicken as it cools, but don’t keep the pan on the stove for long periods of time, just staying warm. Leaving the pan unattended on the stove could result in the chocolate burning to the bottom of the pan.
Storage: This hot chocolate can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
Reheating Directions: To serve as hot chocolate again, put back into a saucepan and reheat on low heat, stirring frequently to make sure it doesn’t burn to the bottom of the pan.
Re-purpose as Pudding! Once cooled in the fridge, it will become a fabulous pudding consistency so feel free to eat the leftovers as chocolate pudding.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes