There’s no better start to a crisp fall morning than with these healthy, protein filled, pumpkin waffles!
- 12 eggs
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice)
- 1/4 cup granular sweetener (our family uses the Lakanto brand)
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder (see above for suggestions!)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 can coconut milk
- Plug in your waffle iron to start heating up (see above for the non-toxic waffle iron our family uses!)
- In the order listed above, add the ingredients to a slowly running mixer. Mix until well combined (see above for the “fancier” directions – it takes about 10 minutes longer to make, but we think it makes fluffier, crispier waffles!).
- Pour 3/4 cup to 1 cup of batter onto your waffle iron depending on the size of your waffle iron.
- Cook for two minutes on each side, or until the waffle is cooked and crispy on the outside.
- Enjoy hot with butter or any of the suggested toppings above!
Storage: Keep in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container or storage bag.
Freezer: These waffles freeze really well! Store in an airtight container or bag for up to 3 months for best freshness (although they are safe to eat indefinitely in the freezer!).
Reheat: To reheat, toast in a toaster oven (or you can low broil in a regular oven) for 5 minutes, flipping halfway through for crispy waffles, or you can reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds (this will result in “soggy” waffles).