This healthy chicken stir-fry is a great one-pot dish that is easy to make and is loaded with protein and vegetables!
- 1 head of cauliflower (or use frozen cauli-rice for faster prep!)
- 1 large head of broccoli (or use a bag of broccoli florets – fresh or frozen – for faster prep!)
- ¼ cup avocado oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 medium onion (or 1 teaspoon onion powder)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 3 stalks of celery
- ½ pound of carrots (optional for strict keto)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped (omit for AIP)
- ½ cup frozen peas (optional for keto and omit for AIP elimination phase)
- 1 pound Instant Pot shredded chicken (omit for vegan or replace with a different protein – options above!)
- TOPPING: Coconut aminos
- Add the chicken to the Instant Pot and set it to pressure cook.
- Smash and finely chop the garlic, set aside.
- Take the head of cauliflower, wash and cut apart the cauliflower to fit in a food processor. Process the cauliflower into cauli-rice and set aside.
- Take the head of broccoli, wash and cut into bite-sized florets. Set aside.
- Dice the onion and add it to a skillet along with the garlic and 2 Tablespoons of avocado oil. Sauté over low heat for 15 minutes, or until very fragrant. Skip this step if you are using the seasoning and just add the seasoning and the 2 tablespoons of avocado oil to the skillet with the carrots and celery in the next step.
- Peel the carrots and cut into 3-inch strips. Dice the celery. Add the prepared carrots and celery to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Add the broccoli and cover the pan with a lid. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot, add the remaining 2 Tablespoons of avocado oil and riced cauliflower. Sauté the cauli-rice over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook for 10 minutes while the stir-fry mixture finishes cooking.
- If the chicken is done in the Instant Pot, release the pressure (if it hasn’t naturally released) and shred the chicken. If you are cooking the chicken on the stove top, start cooking the chicken now (or other type of meat as listed above).
- Back to the stir-fry mixture, after the 5 minutes has passed for the broccoli, add the yellow bell pepper and peas. Heat until the mixture returns to a simmer and the vegetables are cooked to your desired level of “crunch”.
- Remove the stir-fry mixture and the cauli-rice from the stove. Serve in bowls with the cauli-rice on the bottom and then add the stir-fry vegetables and the shredded chicken on top. Add extra coconut aminos if desired.
Storage: Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Freezing: This dish freezes really well! I love making a double batch and then freezing some lunch portions to have the following week. Freeze in airtight containers. Let thaw in the fridge overnight to make it easier to reheat.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes