With only 4 ingredients, this tomato basil egg casserole is quick to make and bake up.
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup homemade tomato basil sauce (or sugar-free pasta sauce like this one)
- ¼ cup salted butter, melted (add 1/2 teaspoon of salt if using unsalted butter)
- Optional: 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk eggs and tomato basil sauce until frothy in a bowl. While whisking, slowly add the melted butter. If using, stir in the mozzarella cheese.
- Pour into a pie plate and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the eggs are set in the middle (just give the pie plate a jiggle and see if the middle wiggles).
- Serve hot!
Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Reheat leftovers in the oven, a toaster oven, or add a little butter to a saucepan and reheat with the lid on.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes