For a fun healthy side that you can make with your kids, try these easy to make spaghetti squash tater tots!
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash (see above for directions on how to cook and prepare the spaghetti squash for this recipe)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cassava flour (use almond flour or Parmesan cheese for keto)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. Use your hands to mix everything together (like you would for a meatloaf).
- Using your hands, form tater tot shapes out of a heaping tablespoon of the mixture at a time.
- Place the formed spaghetti squash tater tots on the prepared baking sheet.
- Once all of the squash tots have been formed, place the baking sheet in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet and flip the tater tots over.
- Place the squash tots back in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Enjoy hot!
- Storage: Store spaghetti squash tater tots in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge.
- Freezing: Spaghetti squash tater tots can be stored in the freezer in an airtight bag or container. Consume within 3 months for best freshness although they are safe to eat indefinitely.