For a healthy upgrade to regular French fries, try this recipe for homemade, oven baked sweet potato fries!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 Tablespoon avocado Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Wash the outside of the sweet potato.
- Cut the sweet potato into even fry shaped pieces (see above for cutting tips).
- Place on a baking sweet. Drizzle on the oil and then sprinkle the salt on top. Use your hands to toss the fries in the oil and salt.
- Spread the fries into a single layer on the baking sheet so that they are not touching.
- Bake in the top third of the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until they are to your desired level of doneness.
- Enjoy hot!
Storage: Store leftover fries in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Freezing: Fries can be frozen in an airtight container and are safe to eat indefinitely, but for best freshness, eat within 3 months of freezing (see full freezing directions above).
- Calories: 73
- Sugar: 2.9
- Fat: 3.6
- Carbohydrates: 9.3
- Fiber: 1.5
- Protein: 0.9