For an easy orange cranberry sauce, use this recipe which only has 4 ingredients! Perfect for all of your holiday get togethers!
- 1, 12 ounce bag or 3 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup liquid (can be juice from the orange or use water for keto)
- 1/4 cup sweetener (can be applesauce, honey, or a low-carb sweetener for keto)
- Add the cranberries, liquid, and orange zest to a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer until the cranberries have popped. This should take about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in your sweetener of choice. Try a small bite to see if the cranberry sauce is sweet enough for your taste. I like mine tart so you may need to add more sweetener.
- Let cool to room temperature before storing in a glass container in the fridge. Best served chilled.
Storage: Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. It will taste best within the first week though, so try to consume it within 7 days if possible.
Freezing: For longer term storage, you can store orange cranberry sauce in the freezer. It may be a little watery once thawed, but the flavor will still be just fine! Store in an airtight container (I recommend a small glass jar). Use within 3 months for best freshness, but it will be safe to eat indefinitely!
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 23
- Sugar: 1.6g
- Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 3.9g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 0