This fluffy egg casserole is a snap to make and is great start to your morning! This recipe is also easy to make ahead and reheat!
- 12 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour (or 2 Tablespoons almond flour)
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder (use baking SODA for paleo)
- ¼ cup butter, melted (or bacon fat or lard for paleo/dairy-free)
- Optional: 1 cup cottage cheese (leave out for paleo/dairy-free)
- Optional: 8 ounces Monterey jack cheese, shredded (leave out for paleo/dairy-free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk eggs until froffy in a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Pour into a pie plate and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is brown and the middle is set (just give the pie plate a jiggle and see if the middle wiggles).
- Let the casserole sit for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve hot.
Storage: Cover the pie plate with foil or store in a container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Freezing: I do not recommend freezing this casserole. The eggs get watery when reheating, but if that doesn’t bother you then you can freeze the casserole in an airtight container.
Reheating: To reheat the casserole, you can either warm it over low on the stove-top or you can reheat it in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes for a single serving or 20 minutes for large portions.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes