Are you looking for easy, yet healthy pancakes to make? With only 3 required ingredients, you probably have everything on hand to make these toddler approved pancakes right now!
- 2 eggs (use mashed bananas or applesauce for AIP and vegan diets – see substitution directions above)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- Optional: Pinch of salt
- Optional: 5-10 drops vanilla stevia (or any sweetener of choice – start with 1/2 Tablespoon and sweeten to your preference!)
- Coconut oil to cook the pancakes in
- Whisk the eggs until well mixed. Add in the coconut flour and stir until thick and well combined. Then add the coconut milk and optional ingredients (if using) and continue stirring until a batter has formed.
- Over medium-low heat, melt enough coconut oil in the frying pan to cover the bottom of the pan. For reference, I usually start with a Tablespoon for my small pan.
- Add spoonfuls of batter to the pan and spread the batter out into a thin round layer (see my tips above!).
- As the pancakes cook, add mix-ins (suggestions above) on top before you flip the pancakes.
- Once the bottom is golden brown (about 2-3 minutes), flip and continue to cook until the other side is golden brown (usually another 1-2 minutes).
- Top with desired toppings (see suggestions above) and enjoy!
Storage: Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Freezing: These pancakes freeze really well! Store in a freezer safe container or bag for up to 3 months for best freshness.