With only 5 ingredients, these blueberry turkey meatballs are easy to make and pack not only great flavor, but also great nutrition!
- 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup chopped kale (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Optional: See flavor variations above
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a brush to scrub the outside of the sweet potatoes. Chop off the ends and any odd sections of the skin. Alternatively, you can peel the entire sweet potato if you want, but I like to leave the skin on for extra nutrients.
- Using a food processor (or a grater), shred the sweet potato.
- Place the shredded sweet potato and the remaining ingredients into a large bowl.
- Use your hands to thoroughly mix everything together.
- Use a cookie scoop or a spoon to scoop out parts of the mixture. Roll into about 1-inch balls and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees when inserted into a couple different meatballs.
- Serve hot! See suggestions above on different dipping sauces and ways to serve the meatballs!
Storage: Keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Freezing: Meatballs are also GREAT for storing in the freezer. Store in an airtight storage container or freezer safe bag (I love my silicone bags!) for up to 6 months for best freshness. The meatballs are safe to eat indefinitely, but will taste best if consumed within the 6 month guideline.