For a hearty and savory soup this winter, make this creamy bacon cauliflower soup which you can enjoy with dairy or keep dairy-free!
- 1 pound of bacon (keep the bacon fat!)
- 2 heads cauliflower (use already prepared florets or bags of frozen florets to make things easier!)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 small onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup parsley
- Optional: 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Bake the bacon until crispy. Timing will depend on the size and thickness of your bacon but it should take between 10-16 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the heads of cauliflower into florets and steam them until very soft. Again, the size of your florets will change cook time, but it should take about 6-10 minutes.
- Place the steamed cauliflower, coconut milk, salt, onion, and garlic into a large blender pitcher. Pour in the bacon fat from the baking tray (pouring off the bacon fat will also help the bacon get crispy). Blend until smooth. Alternatively, add everything to a large pot and use an immersion blender to puree the soup.
- Pour the pureed cauliflower mixture into a large pot (if you used the blender pitcher). Stir in the parsley and add the cheese (if using). Heat the soup until steaming hot.
- While the soup is heating, crumble the bacon (it should be cool enough to handle now).
- Serve the hot soup topped with bacon bits and any other desired toppings (see above for ideas!)
- Storage: Let the soup cool for 30 minutes on the counter. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Freezing: This soup is also great for storing in the freezer. See above for how to freeze creamy bacon cauliflower soup!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes