For a simple yet flavorful meatball, try cranberry orange meatballs! These meatballs are egg-free, breadcrumb-free, and flour-free!
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup frozen cranberries (see above for directions for fresh cranberries)
- 2 cups shredded sweet potatoes (about 1 large sweet potato)
- 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the frozen cranberries in a food processor with the processor blade (see above for directions if you don’t have a food processor). Pulse them a few times so they are small pieces. Add them to a large bowl with the ground pork.
- Swap the blade in the food processor for the shredding plate. Cut the sweet potato into large chunks that will fit in your food processor and shred the sweet potato. Add the sweet potato to the bowl with the cranberries and pork. Add the salt and the optional coconut flour, if using.
- Now zest the orange until you have about a half Tablespoon of orange zest. Add the zest to the bowl with the other meatball ingredients. Now cut the orange in half and squeeze the juice from one orange half into the meat mixture.
- Mix the meatball ingredients together so that everything is well incorporated.
- Using a spoon or a cookie scoop, make evenly sized meatballs. You can either scoop them straight onto a cookie sheet, or you can take the time to roll them between your hands to get them perfectly round.
- Once all of the meatballs are formed, bake for 20 minutes. When the timer goes off, stick a thermometer in one of the middle meatballs to make sure it reads 165 degrees.
- Enjoy hot with dipping sauce or glaze if desired (see above for some options)!
Storage: Keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Freezing: Meatballs are also GREAT for storing in the freezer. Store in an airtight storage container or freezer safe bag (I love my silicone bags!) for up to 6 months for best freshness. The meatballs are safe to eat indefinitely, but will taste best if consumed within the 6 month guideline.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 4 meatballs
- Calories: 197
- Sugar: 3.6
- Fat: 10.9
- Carbohydrates: 9.2
- Fiber: 1.9
- Protein: 14.1