Looking for a new healthy breakfast recipe to try that doesn’t involve eggs? This banana breakfast bowl made with delicata squash is sure to be a new favorite.
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter
- 1 roasted delicata squash, seeds removed and skin removed (if desired – see above to read about eating the skin!)
- 2 bananas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Toasted shredded coconut
- Banana slices
- Or any of the ideas listed above!
- Melt the coconut butter and the coconut oil (or butter) in a small saucepan.
- Meanwhile, add the squash, bananas, cinnamon and protein powder (if using) into a blender cup.
- Add the coconut butter and coconut oil (or butter) to the blender cup once melted.
- Blend everything together until pureed to your desired consistency.
- Pour into bowls and serve immediately with your desired toppings.
- If the banana mixture has cooled off too much and is no longer warm, pour it into the small saucepan that you used to melt the coconut butter and warm over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. The top of the banana mixture might turn brown (since bananas turn brown when exposed to air), but it is still safe to eat!
- Freezing: Store in an airtight container and store in the freezer. For best freshness, consume within 3 months, although it is safe to eat indefinitely. Thaw in the fridge overnight and enjoy it cold or rewarm it in morning!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes (for the squash)