- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
- 2/3 cup vanilla protein powder (see above for what brands to use depending on your diet)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Optional: Mini chocolate chips (for sugar-free chips, use Lily’s chocolate chips or for paleo or dairy-free chocolate chips, use Enjoy Life chips)
- Optional: More shredded coconut to roll the bites in
- Add all of the ingredients except the shredded coconut to a food processor (see above for how to make these without a food processor). Run the food processor until the mixture is smooth and the banana chunks are fully incorporated.
- Scrape the gooey banana mixture into a bowl and stir in the shredded coconut and the optional mini chocolate chips (if using). The mixture will be sticky!
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop or a spoon to make balls and place on the prepared cookie sheet. You should get about 20 protein bites.
- If desired, roll the banana bread protein bites in more shredded coconut to coat the outside (to make them less sticky).
- Refrigerate for an hour and then enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge (or freezer! see Notes below).
Storage: Cut bananas have a shelf life of 3-4 days by themselves, however, I have found that these balls can last a bit longer than that. I would recommend eating them within 1 week.
Freezing: These banana bread bites are also great for freezing, so if you have concerns about eating them before the banana gets weird, just freeze them! Store in an airtight container and eat within 3 months for best results.
My Advice: I like these best out of the freezer! Just set out a little bit prior to eating to let them thaw a little (about 15-ish minutes).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes